Hello, all!
I have a cute story to share. They told us at school today that another little boy fell asleep and was laying on a mat. They said Ben went over and was kind of watching him. They were worried he was going to wake him up. Instead, he went over and pulled the little guys shirt down (his belly was showing), gave him a kiss, patted his head then ran off to play! So sweet, my little boy!
Not sure if everyone is aware, but each month we make a 15 minute video of us playing with Ben. We then give the video to Patty and Michelle at CHIP and they give us suggestions for more interactive play based on Floortime/PLAY Project techniques. Well, this month we did our clip outside...which we haven't done since early autumn. When we were finished, Jeremy and I talked about how much Ben's changed. Last fall, it was EXTREMELY difficult to sustain Ben's attention while outside. It is so much easier now. In fact, he actually seeks us out for interaction. We were very pleased that Michelle remembered the previous outside video and made the same observations!! Our little boy is progressing...even if he is not talking much yet!
Speaking of last fall...we got confirmation last week that Ben did indeed have a growth spurt! Last November when we went to see Dr. Linsk he as about 37". This time around he was 40"!! He is even outgrowing his 4T pants now. Looks like I'm going to have to buy him a few pairs to hold us over until short season.
We still haven't started any of the new supplements yet. They are on their way from the compounding pharmacy. He was a little hyper from the new probiotic, but that is getting better so I'm thinking of upping the dose a bit. (Hyper could be from die off. We are only at 1/2 dose now.)
Well, that's all I've got for now. I have to go get dinner ready. Hope everyone is well! We'll be happy when this week is over and Jeremy is back on his regular schedule!!
Love,
Julie



4 comments:
Aw, what a sweet little story about your sweet little boy. Sounds like he's getting big, too! I can't wait to see him again!!!
Too cute!!! Love that image of Ben. We are gearing up with dr. appts. to get Micah started at Head Start. We have decided to go ahead and try it. He obviously needs the help that we can't give him. Thanks for talking through all of that with me!
P.S. Hoping this works. Half the time my comments never show up on your blog??
Love the story, I can see him smiling, as he's taking care of his little friend!!!!
We can see the changes in Benjamin,
but I'm sure it is a great encouragement when others see it as well!!!!!
by the way, I LOVE the picture from the blast from the past, precious little round face!!!!!!
Also, the picture of the cousins is priceless!!!!!
Hope your finger is better!
Lots of love to all.
Awesome Julie, great progress for Ben!! Keep up all your efforts, they definitely pay off.
Colleen
Post a Comment