Sunday, March 29, 2009

Doing good...belly better?

Hey, all!

Just want to do a "quick" update...

So we have had Ben on the new probiotic (s. boulardii) for over a week now and have seen big changes! He has been SO CHATTY, he is playing with lots of different toys instead of just the usual favorites, he was very social with Nana & Papaw yesterday, and he just had an actual, formed BM!! Woo hoo!! He also is not nearly as bloated as he usually is...his pants are falling down! I started another new probiotic today (good bacteria) so we'll see if that continues to help. We will probably start the b-12 shots next weekend. I'm hoping they are not too bad to administer. I've heard that they sting a little more with the folinic acid and NAC in them (which these new ones have.)

I also bought some borage oil yesterday at Claudia's. Dr. Linsk wanted us to start Ben on that instead of cod liver oil. I guess it has more omega 6 in it. But, the one Dr. L had at his office had soy in it. So, I found Now Brand at Claudia's (love that brand of supplements) and it is free of all the bad stuff, and WAY cheaper!! Since it is a seed oil, I tried a little on the back of Ben's hand to make sure there wasn't an obvious reaction...none noted. I'll do that one more time then start giving to him in juice (or maybe just a dose cup.) It doesn't have much taste to it...unlike cod liver oil which is very yucky to me. The only downfall is that it doesn't have the vitamin A and D like some CLO. But, we give D drops anyway, and he has A in his multi...so I think we are good.

We have also been changing his therapeutic listening a bit. We are now alternating CDs each day. It seems to be helping as well.

Ben and Jer went to Nana and Papaw's yesterday and had a great time. Jeremy said that he noticed a big difference in Ben in just the couple days he was at work. Nana and Papaw noticed good changes too in the few weeks since they've seen him. Please pray with us that this wave of progress continues. Pray that we will be guided to help this little man, and safely! Thanks!

Well, I'm going to go play! Just wanted to give an update!

Love to everyone!
Julie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you yesterday, but glad that you had a good day out with the girls!!!!!!!
It is always such a blessing to spend time with Benjamin (and of course Jeremy)
Benjamin had a PERFECT day yesterday! Love that little guy!!!

We pray for you daily!
Love to all,
Mom

Pam said...

Julie,
You are my hero! Really. All that you and Jeremy do for Ben to help him is so inspiring to me. We love you guys tons, and I can't wait to see you guys soon.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great news Julie. Glad to hear Ben is on an upswing. Will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you soon!
Colleen

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design