Hello, all.
Well, I wish I could say things are still going great, but today Ben wasn't himself. He was sort of restless last night, especially around 4-6am so he didn't sleep that great. He was ok this morning, but after school he seemed a little more zoned and not as interactive with Noah. He also had to look under the car about 6 times this morning before going into school (it is a weird stimmy thing he does.) It seems like he is doing it longer and longer, both when we get to school and when we get home. It's our fault for letting it continue I suppose. But, it didn't seem like a big deal when it was just once or twice.
Anyway, when we got home from watching Noah this evening, Ben started melting down when I shut the garage door (he wanted to run around Uncle Jeff's car which is in our driveway.) Then, when the timer went off to come in the house, he had a full meltdown. He then cried on and off through bedtime routine, even gagging at one point. He finally got happy in the bath then he slipped and hit his face on the side of the tub. Poor kid, we just couldn't win today. :o( Sigh. This too shall pass...
I've also noticed the last few days that Ben isn't using his few words as much. Everything is prompted and comes out "dashe"...even things he said regularly and spontaneously before. So, I'm not sure what is going on with him, but I pray it passes. :o(
Darn autism...just when I think things are looking up, it reminds me it is there. :o(
Boy, I'm a breath of fresh air here, huh? Bummer of a post! Sorry! Things really aren't that bad, just not as good as they've been... We'll make it through though.
Well, it's 8pm and I have to pack lunches, empty the dishwasher, wash scrubs, etc...and I haven't eaten dinner yet!
Jeremy comes home tomorrow! Yeah! I miss him. Unfortunately, he will probably be working OT on Friday which means he'll be gone all weekend. :o( More yuck news!
Ok, I'm off for real now...
Love to you all!
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment