Hello, all.
We had an awesome visit yesterday with Nana, Papaw and Uncle Joel! Unfortunately, Aunt Pam and Micah were unable to come. :o( However, we (especially Ben) enjoyed watching video of Micah's birthday party which Nana and Papaw attended last weekend. :o)
Ben was very affectionate and interactive with everyone yesterday. And, he definitely recognized Uncle Joel. Joel's father-in-law came with him and Ben regarded him, but was not nearly as excited to see him and did not pull him around the house like he did Uncle Joel. That tells me that he recognized Joel as a loved one. :o)
Jeremy's mom is the sweetest. She always makes sure everyone's special food needs are accommodated. :o) She had things I could eat on my diet and it was probably the healthiest and yummiest day of eating I've had yet!
Unfortunately, we left Ben's music therapy stuff at their house last night! Because we just started a new CD, it is more important than ever to be consistent so Jeremy drove back today and got it. Ben and I missed spending the day with him, but at least he got to visit more with Joel before he leaves.
Ben and I went to Meijer today and he was just so excited to be there. He loves grocery shopping...so much to look at and explore....not to mention his love of grocery carts. :o) He got really excited when he saw this baby being carried by her mommy. He kept pointing at her and smiling. Maybe that is his way of telling us he wants a baby brother or sister. :o) hehe
We've noticed better interaction and vocalization the last few days. Not sure if it is just that he is feeling better, if it is the cod liver oil (which he is taking really well now), or if it is the new music. Maybe all, maybe none of the above. Who knows! We're just enjoying it.
I've started a journaling spreadsheet to track Ben progress. I have taken hand written notes in the past when we've made changes in his supplements. But, I want this journal to be ongoing and more comprehensive. It includes all his various treatments, changes we make, and changes we see in him (in socialization, language, health, etc.) I'm also going to start tracking his sleep habits. Every few weeks we find that he wakes at exactly 5:45am for a week or so. I want to see if there is a pattern to it.
Well, that's all I've got to report for now. Time to get the little monkey ready for bed!
God bless!
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment