DUH!!!!!
I think I know the source of some of our issues the last week or so. My poor baby. I just reread the ingredients on the cod liver oil I've been giving Ben. It contains sesame, soy and peanut!!! DUH!!! I'm an idiot! In my defense though, I looked at the ingredients online and it did not mention any of that...
Sigh!!!!
Ok, no sense beating myself up over it. I just have to find a more pure brand for the little man. And, I have to be more diligent about checking labels. Lesson learned.
Anyway, I don't think that is the cause of the "looking under the car" compulsion. I talked to Heidi and Patty about that, and they agreed we just have to stop cold turkey. They told me it is important to give him lots of appropriate, functional visual tasks/stimulation. So, we got out some toys that do just that. They also stressed that it is important to stop these kind of stims before they become habit as they seem to increase his anxiety rather than alleviate it.
So, when Jer and Ben got home yesterday afternoon, Jeremy put him right in the wagon and took him for a walk. We thought this would distract him...no such luck. He loved the walk, but soon as he got back he wanted to run around the cars and look under them. We did not allow it and took him right into the house. He was NOT happy. He cried for maybe 10-15 mins, but it took him about an hour to full settle down. Hopefully, it will get easier each time. We let it grow out of control, so I think it will take a while to break the habit. Hopefully we can do it without creating too much stress for the little man. Pray with us!
Jeremy is working OT today, so will be gone until Monday. :o( We have an appointment with Dr. Steppe today. I hope that goes well...Ben needs the release he seems to get from our trips to see her. We are planning a trip to the zoo on Sat. if the weather permits. Sunday we are having the family over for my Dad's b-day. I'm very excited to give him his present! So, we have lots planned...and lots to do to prepare...so I better get to it!
Have a wonderful weekend, all!
Love,
Julie



1 comment:
Oh My Goodness, Julie!!! Was that the CLO I gave you??? I can't wait to see you Monday. I hope you can find another alternative product to use, that tastes okay too! Good luck.
Post a Comment