Tuesday, January 27, 2009

They call me "Bubble Girl"

Hello, all!

So, I went and had an allergy test yesterday (due to my chronic ear/sinus issues.) Basically, I'm allergic to EVERYTHING! Of the 30 or so things they tested me for (all environmental) I was allergic to 27, many of them pretty significantly. Molds, grasses, CORN POLLEN (we live behind a corn farm!), wheat pollen, trees, weeds, dust, dust mites, cats, dogs, cockroaches, etc. The student observing the test said, "you're going to have to live in a bubble." So, for the rest of my visit they called me "Bubble Girl." :o) (It was nice to add the humor to the situation. Both the student and the nurse testing me were really nice and fun.)

I'm not sure as to the course of treatment yet. I see Dr. Adappa in a couple weeks and we will go over all my tests. However, the nurse said that he will probaby want me to get weekly allergy shots. That would be 3 shots per week for about 5 years...fun! Actually, that won't bother me so much. I don't mind shots and the doc's office is very close to my office so I'm near there at least once per week anyway. What will be horrible is if I have to pay the $30 co-pay every time I go. I got all the codes from the nurse so I can call our insurance and find out...

They did not do any food allergy testing, but because of mold and candida (yeast) allergy, they gave me a list of dietary restrictions to try. (This is similar/related to the kinds of problems Ben has with yeast.) She gave me a list of substitute products to try and places to obtain them, but I know the drill...all too well!! Anyway, I may also have to have a blood test for food allergies...that will be up to Dr. A. though.

While I have some not so fun lifestyle changes to make, I am actually kind of pleased with this news. I've found a reason why I feel poopy all the time! Now I can do something about it...

I do feel a little...um..."guilt," I suppose too though. I wonder if I passed these things on to Ben. I wonder if my body was fighting these things while I was pregnant with him...what could that have done to his little developing body? Sigh. :o(

Well, I just wanted to update y'all (still got a little Georgia in me). Many of you have been asking about my testing and I really appreciate the thoughts and support!!!

Love to you all!
Julie

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design