Hello, all.
Well, it was back to school yesterday. Ben did well and seemed happy to return. There was a note on his sheet stating that he was tired in the afternoon. No surprise there! He was up a little earlier than usual, not sure why. (He got up early today too.) Also, I'm sure it will take him a few days to adjust to being back to busy days at school.
I haven't said much lately about what is really going on with Ben. He is doing well in general. His mood has been great (knock on wood) and he has been sleeping well...well until the last couple of nights...getting up too early! Anyway, we are still struggling with the "routines" he gets himself into and with the EXTREMELY picky eating. I have a lot of people say to me "well, all kids are picky at that age." I don't think people realize the difference between typical toddler pickiness (not really a word?) and autism pickiness. Ben has eaten the exact same things each day for months and those items consist of only about 5-6 things. It is very stressful.
On a positive note, Ben is trying to talk more. Nothing really understandable, but he is trying. He has lost some of the words he was using (but they were always prompted anyway.) However, he is definitely more vocal than he has ever been...just not much that sounds like real words!! Again, stressful, but we are managing.
I ended up not working yesterday due to patients cancelling, so I came home and Jeremy and I got all the rest of the Christmas stuff put away. It is nice to have the house back together. And, it was nice to spend some time with Jeremy, of course! Later in the evening Jeremy went to watch the Buckeyes lose (boo!) with the Halls. I couldn't keep my eyes open for more than about 3 total minutes of the game, but watched the highlights on Sport Center this morning...brutal!
I never reported about my ENT visit. They think I have several things going on. Eustachian (sp?) tube inflammation, TMJ trouble (which was the source of a horrible headache yesterday), and allergies. So, I have a bunch of tests scheduled this month to see what is really going on. I think the TMJ is a big source of the issue as I clench my teeth at night. I should invest in a bite guard but they are $500 and not covered by insurance!!! YIKES!!
Well, I have to go get Ben around for school. Hope all is well with everyone!
Love,
Julie
PS - We are anxiously awaiting word from Jer's sister. She is 3 days overdue and so ready to have her baby!! Pray for her!!!



2 comments:
Julie,
Let me tell you the bite guard.....worth every penny of that $500!! I have one, and I can't live without it. I bet your ears will feel better if you can get one. Will they take payments on it?? Many times if I have a TMJ headache, my ears hurt too. And girl...you have more than enough stress to need something to protect your beautiful teeth! I've cracked teeth gritting them....so in the long run the bite guard will save you $$ on dental repair!
So glad to hear that Ben is trying to vocalize more! Here's hoping in a few months, it is more recognizable! Love to you all!
Julie, I love your blog and being to check in with how you guys are doing. Lots of luck with your testing and figuring out a plan to help you. Definitely don't need the extra stress of being sick with everything else going on.
Also, I really know what you mean re: the "pickiness" and know it can get better. Hope it will soon.
Post a Comment