Hello, all!
I have the morning off today! I don't have to work as I was able to get my patients' visits scheduled into 2 days this week. So, Jeremy got up and took Ben to school for me. It's been a while since Jeremy took him in the morning, so this is a nice little break! (It usually doesn't make sense for him to take him as I work in that area most mornings.)
When Jeremy gets home we plan to clean the basement. We still have boxes of stuff down there from when we moved in a year and a half ago! We put the stuff down there so we could go through it and pitch what we don't want/need anymore, but it never happened...mostly because I'm the one who needs to go through it and each time I've tried I've found a mouse!! YIKES!! I'm a baby when it comes to that... (We have a corn farm behind our house so we occasionally get a field mouse that takes up residence in our basement or garage...) So, that's what's on the agenda for today.
Ben is doing well. Despite being trapped in the house most of the weekend, he was great! We had a lot of fun together. Sunday we went to see my grandfather and then hung out most of the day at my parents' house. My brother and sister were there and we had a great time! Ben was a lot more interactive than he has been recently. At one point, he even climbed up on my dad's lap to watch football (with no prompting to do so)! And, when Noah (my nephew) arrived, Ben was very excited to see him. And, Noah was very interested in Ben that day too...he followed him around most of the time trying to engage him (what a natural little therapist!) The other thing that I noticed Sunday is that although my dad got out the box of toy cars, Ben hardly played with them. He usually fixates on them the entire time if we make them available...so, that was really good!
He got a pretty good report from school yesterday. They wrote on his daily sheet that he was very interested in the new speech therapy students and that he is "quite the flirt." :o) They also wrote that they tried to put a baseball hat on him to help prevent him from visually stimming on the overhead lights. But, he took it off and hid it from them! :o) Can't help but laugh a little at that one. :o)
After seeing my patients yesterday, I had a little time before picking Ben up so I went to Kohls and bought my new little neice some clothes. How fun!! I love little baby girl clothes. :o)
Well, I think I'll go flip through the paper before Jer gets home and we have to dig through the mouse boxes. :o)
Love to you all!
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment