Hello all!
Well we have been snowbound since yesterday afternoon and are going just a little stir crazy! Ben is watching Finding Nemo right now...a nice change from throwing cars around the house between marathon floortime sessions!! :o) I'm so running out of play ideas! Ben's been a real trooper though and has been great for the most part. He has spent a lot of time on the smart cycle (it's not plugged in!) just trying to get some energy out.
Boombee and Grandma Nancy just left. They came to see how we were doing, brought me lunch and Boombee cleared the walks. He estimates we've got about 8 inches already and it is still coming down pretty hard. I'm thankful that they were able to come see us! We needed the company!! Tomorrow we will go there for dinner so it'll be nice to get out for that! My parents are awesome. (So are my in-laws...we are so blessed.)
Not much else new around here. We got a pot of soup simmering on the stove and have just been chilling waiting for Rachel to call with news of a niece or nephew! She texted at about noon (9am CA time) to say that she was only 7cm, but was comfortable and happy with an epidural. God bless the anesthesiologist!
Ben seems to be getting a little eczema again. :o( We haven't seen that in quite a while. I've been slipping him a little dairy here and there...I hope that isn't the cause of it. May just be his skin drying out because of the heat running so much.
Not sure if I've mentioned it, but we got chewable enzymes to try with Ben. So far, he is taking the "No Fenol" and the "Zyme Prime" really well. Those are for helping to digest fruits, veggies, and carbs. I'm hoping that taking those more regularly will help with the yeast issues. I haven't tried the protein enzyme yet as it doesn't taste quite as good as the others. I may try to dip those in chocolate or something to ensure compliance.
For those who don't know, he was already taking all 3 enzymes in capsule form. We would sprinkle them in his soup at dinner, but never really found a way to administer them regularly for breakfast or lunch. So, by switching to the chewables, we are hoping to get him on the enzymes for all 3 meals to see if we notice any difference. (Enzymes can sometimes help with food allergies, intolerances, and with digestive issues.)
Well, now that the walks are cleared, I think I'll try to take Ben out to play for a while. I don't have boots for myself so I didn't want to go out in it before! Now we can go play!
Hope you are all doing well!
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment