Hello, all!
Ben and I had lots of fun this morning! We went and stayed with Ben's friend from school and his little sister while Mom and Dad went to their conference at CHIP. The kids were great and I had a lot of fun playing with them. I even got the boys to interact a bit playing with trains. It was a good time!
We were supposed to have Noah today, but Uncle Jeff is home with a head cold. We were then going to take Uncle J to get his car from the shop, but it is not ready yet! So, we just came home and have had fun playing. Actually, Ben was a little zoned out and stuffy when we left John's house. I thought he was just tired or maybe getting sick. Then I remembered that I hadn't given him his allergy medicine and vitamins! Oops! I forgot yesterday too!! Bad Mommy! We have changed our morning routine a bit and I guess it threw me off more than Ben! Anyway, he perked up shortly after I gave him the goods...and no more stuffy nose. Anyway, my purpose in telling that long boring story...It is interesting to see that when we skip stuff it really does matter...(especially the allergy medicine.)
The listening therapy is going well. Ben did not fuss at all for either session today. In fact, he smiled when I brought it out. I guess he just needed to get used to doing it at home. It's weird, but there are moments when he stops what he is doing and gets this look on his face...almost like to is just really into the music. Weird, but I can see that it has some affect on him.
I have started slowly cutting back on yeast provoking foods...not fun!! But, I know I'll feel better in the long run. I'm kind of waiting until after the two parties we have to attend this weekend to go full force! (One last splurge!)
I ordered a book called "The Yeast Connection" which my doc's office recommended. I'm hoping it will help me better understand this problem Ben and I have. I have to say that I have not been very strick with Ben's diet in this regard...partially due to a discussion I had with his former pediatrian. He told me "yeast absolutely cannot grown inside the body." At the time, I thought it was a weird thing to say. Afterall, from my understanding, the existance of systemic yeast infection is not controversial...just its contribution to neuro and psych issues. Still, his words stuck with me and I always sort of wondered if this diet stuff was stupid. Anyway, now I have a reputable, traditional doctor telling me I have this issue and that it can cause a whole host of symptoms. I guess that gives the idea more credibility in my mind and now I know I need to get serious about it...for both Ben and myself! (I've since been told that the yeast imbalance issue is a relatively new discovery and wasn't discussed in med school until recently...not sure how accurate that is.)
Luckily I don't have to change much in Ben's diet. Just be a little more strict about sugar intake I think (no more "little sips" of pop!) My own diet is a mess though and needed to be overhauled anyway...
Well, I've rambled enough. Ben's wanting to play and I shall not disappoint!
God bless!
Love,
Julie



3 comments:
isn't the yeast connection the book that pam followed and discovered all her allergy issues?
I think you are right...or it was something similar...
Yes it was!! ;) Finally back online after power outage, ice storms, water mains, and a snowstorm. ;)You have my prayers Julie. The beginning of this is so rough. love to you!
Post a Comment