Friday, January 9, 2009

No baby news yet...

Hello, all!

Well, we are still waiting to hear about the arrival of our new niece/nephew! My poor sis-in-law. She was due 1/2/09 and is still waiting. I believe she is going to be induced this morning though. Big prayers for them!!! On a positive note, she held out until her parents got out to California. So, they will get to be there for the birth. That will be wonderful! The bad news is I don't know when I will get my hands on that baby. :o( California is far away and I still have baby fever. :o)

Jeremy got called into work this morning. He didn't hear anything last night so we thought he would be off today. But then he got the call at 7 this morning. Bummer...we thought we were going to have the day together. Now we won't see him until Monday after school. :o(

I'm going to have to make sure I get Ben out for a bit today as it sounds like the weather may keep us in the rest of the weekend...yuck!

We are starting to do a little pre-potty training. We are going to switch to pull-ups and we have been having Ben sit on the potty just a few seconds at a time so he can get used to it. I'm afraid it'll be a long process. We need to go slow as when Ben gets a bad association to something it takes a a lot for him to get over it!!

We have (and the CHIP staff have) noticed a big increase in Ben's "visual self-stimulation." These are things like staring at cars at eye level, fixating on lights, staring at his hands, etc. We've noticed this for about a month or so now. That means it started around the time we stopped the HBOT and the therapeutic listening. We have ordered our own therapeutic listening equipment so we can restart it and be more consistent with it. I hope that helps. I think it may as we've also noticed an increase in clumsiness which could be associated with that.

I've also restarted a minimal yeast/bacteria protocol. I did this because we had him on glutathione during the HBOT (and continued it after.) This can upset the yeast/bacteria balance. The HBOT can reduce the side effects, which could explain why we've seen more stimming (and yucky poos) since stopping the HBOT. Make sense? It does in my head! Anyway, I've been adding a little grapefruit seed extract and olive leave extract to his juice which should help if his yeast/bac is high. If not, won't hurt anything. So, we'll see...

Well, I better go see what the boy is up to. Hope all is well with everyone!

Love,
Julie

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design