Hello, all!!
Well, it's back to school tomorrow already! In some ways it went by so fast...in other ways not fast enough! I think Ben is ready to go back. He has gotten whinny and bored the last couple of days. Had to keep him busy, busy!
Thursday we went to the zoo with Tammy and John. What a great time we had!! It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed the time chatting with Tammy. The boys did great and I was especially happy to see Ben explore the playground much more than last season! I was a nervous wreck with him on that high platform with all the big kids running around, but he really enjoyed it. NO VISUAL STIMMING the whole time and he went down several slides by himself and went through the tunnels...so good for him! John was sweet and kept trying to help Ben go down the big twirly slide so he wouldn't be afraid! :o) After a while, Ben went down many times without coaxing and by himself!
Friday I had to see a few patients while Jeremy and Ben ran some errands. Then we played outside and grilled out for the first time this year. YUM!! Jeremy hasn't lost his touch!
Friday unfortunately also marked the end of the easy B-12 shots. He figured it out. I'm not sure how. I still don't think he has seen the actual shot. And they really don't hurt at all. You can barely feel them. However, he does not like the PROCESS of giving the shot...especially the part where he has to be held still for a moment. He saw me coming with the cotton ball and alcohol on Friday and went running shaking his head "no!" He gave me this look like "I don't know what you are doing, lady, but I don't think I like it." He got pretty upset, so I just waited until Jeremy got home and he did it. (Jeremy was still able to pull it off with the element of surprise.) I did another today by myself and it wasn't too bad. He did not want it, I had to hold him down, but he barely cried and stopped fussing the second I got the shot out of him and let him up. So, hopefully, it will get easier...
We continue to have some yeast issues with the B-12 shots. Otherwise, I have seen little, good changes in him. He seems to be a little more aware of his surroundings. I can call him from another room and he'll follow a command or come running to see what I want. He seems to understand things in general a little better (receptive language). He's also attempted a few new words and has been pointing things out to me. Subtle things, but I think they are areas of improvement.
Saturday I went for coffee with a couple other CHIP moms and talked about some of the biomedical stuff we've been doing. It was helpful, fun and nice to get out! (They are the ones that reminded me of the poem I posted yesterday.) Jenny and Jeff watched Ben and he had a GREAT time with them. They played outside most of the time and visited a neighbor with a swingset. The boys really enjoyed it.
Today we made a pot of soup then ran an errand with Jenny and Noah. Then we all had dinner together. Ben has been SO AFFECTIONATE lately and gave lots of hugs, kisses, and cuddles today...even to Noah. Jenny said he was like that yesterday too, especially with Jeff.
Also today, Ben tried a new food! It was chocolate pudding, but a somewhat healthy version and he tried it with little hesitation. It is made with avocados, coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa, unsweetened vanilla, and agave nectar (which doesn't effect the body's blood sugar levels.) It is surprisingly very good! It tastes like real pudding! Ben saw me take a bite, then took a big bite. He took turns feeding it to me and taking bites himself. Then he decided he really liked it and stopped giving me bites and finished it himself...kind of laughing at me while doing it! :o)
Well, that's about all for now. I think I'm going to go take a bath and watch some TV before bed. I'm tired!
Hope all is well with everyone!!
Love,
Julie
PS - SO EXCITED! Jer's sister and her family are coming to visit this week. So, we'll be spending the weekend in Elyria. (Hope Ben does well with that.) We are really looking forward to meeting our little baby niece!!



1 comment:
Since we took M off sugar, you wouldn't believe that difference in him. He is waay more affectionate, and he is sleeping way better. Keep up the good work girl!!! I'm still hoping to get up there this coming weekend, I want to see everyone!!!
Post a Comment