Hello, all! Lots to report. We had such a busy weekend! But, it was a lot of fun!
First, I think I forgot to post about the UT diagnostic last Tuesday:
When we arrived for our appointment, we were please to find one of Ben's CHIP friends had his appointment at the same time! So, I got to fill out lots of paperwork while sharing an observation room with my friend Tammy and her daughter Alexis while the dads participated in the evals. Ben did pretty well during most of that part, but started to get tired at the end (our appointment was at 4pm after CHIP and little did we know that Ben was just getting sick!) Anyway, then we tried to get the boys in a room together so the students could observe and I could answer some questions for our team leader. Ben was excited to see John, but then kind of just wanted to lay on my lap. He interacted with the student a little, but for the most part was just ready to be DONE! So, we quickly tried to wrap things up, but still didn't get home until almost 7pm (and Ben had not eaten dinner yet!) All in all, I have to say he did pretty well under the circumstances. However, we are THRILLED that they've decided to do his second observation during the day at CHIP rather than us going back there late afternoon again! The students are pretty excited about that as well. They all said "I hope I'm the one that gets to go!" (CHIP has quite the reputation around town...at least in therapy circles!)
On to the weekend's events:
Friday morning Ben woke up asking for dada and was disappointed he was not home. :o( Sad, but good that he asked for him by name. He also still had his runny nose, and just wasn't himself most of the day. I decided to take him to the Easter egg hunt at Amick's house anyway, and he did pretty well there. He was a little zoned out, but otherwise good. He did take part in the egg hunt, and seemed to enjoy it for a few minutes. However, he only grabbed two yellow eggs and then stopped, refusing to get a purple one I pointed out. I thought it odd until someone yelled out "is anyone else's kid only collecting one color of egg?" There were several "yes's" to that question. We quickly figured out that they were color coding the eggs for the kids at CHIP during the week! So, many of the kids were reluctant to grab eggs other than their designated color at CHIP. :o) Funny!
Saturday morning I did the first B-12 shot!!! It went really well. He didn't even seem to notice until about 10 seconds after I gave him the shot. He went running away then grabbed his booty and whined for a second. I rubbed it, and he was fine. What's interesting is that I gave myself a shot on Friday to practice and the same thing happened. I didn't even really feel it until a few seconds after...then it was a little sore. Not sure why that is?? Anyway, Jeremy gave him another this morning and he didn't even realize he got a shot. About a minute later I saw him rubbing his booty, but he didn't even whine or indicate pain.
While I'm relieved that the actual shots have been easy (and I pray they continue to be so!), I am concerned about possible yeast issues from the shots. Sunday morning Ben woke up with diarrhea in his diaper (he hasn't done that in his sleep in a very long time). We weren't sure how long it had been in there, but his booty was ON FIRE!!! And, it was pretty red the rest of the day. It is a little better this morning, but still somewhat irritated. He has also been a little zoned out and irritable. Not sure if it is related, because he was a little like that Friday before the shot too...??? He may just be tired from being up late several nights in a row. So, we'll just see what happens. He has continued to be more vocal though, so we hope that continues!
Saturday, we went to my mom's to color eggs. Ben did one with some coaxing, but was otherwise not very interested. He was excited about the bunny my mom got Stephanie and Noah though! It is so very cute adn was a wonderful surprise for the kids!!!
Saturday night we went to my sister's for Steph's 18th birthday party. It was fun and nice to see everyone. Ben was pretty zoned out again until after dinner. Then he really perked up and was doing all his tricks to entertain everyone. :o)
Yesterday we did another egg hunt at home in the morning. Ben did pick up all the colors this time, but mostly just wanted to collect the eggs as quick as possible so he could play with the car he found in the first one!! He didn't show much interest in the basket the Easter Bunny left him until later in the day. Then, he enjoyed a little chocolate and some of the little toys.
In the afternoon we went to my parents' to celebrate Easter. My mother and brother made an AMAZING meal, as always. My chocolate fondue was a big hit for dessert. (I felt it was my duty to taste it...several times...regretting that!! I haven't had that much sugar in a few months and my body is not happy about it!!) Anyway, Ben and Noah had a great time playing on the Fisher Price roller coaster in the driveway. I'll get the pics downloaded and posted later today.
I just saw one patient this morning, so we've just been hanging out since. Ben is watching Cars right now, which he hasn't done in a long time. He is still a little grouchy, so we are happy to have him occupied for a bit!! :o)
Well, I'll go get to work on those pictures. I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment