Hello, all!!
Good news! We had our quarterly conference with the CHIP therapists Tuesday. They are extending CHIP services for some of the families!! Woo hoo!! Better yet, they are trying to come up with a way to offer services "ala carte." So, we can just chose which services we want to get there. We are hoping to be able to do at least ABA through them. Maybe get a preschool environment with some typical peers somewhere else? We'll just have to see how it plays out. I'm very relieved about this. It gives us another option for GOOD services...we just have to figure out how we're going to PAY for it!! (Info regarding our next golf outing coming soon to a blog near you! ) :o)
BIG PRAYERS: There is a bill up for review in the MI House and Senate. If it passes, it will mandate that insurance companies cover services for autism (including ABA.) It will also take the limits off number of visits per year for speech, OT and PT. (Currently, we only get 50 combined...less than one per week and the copay is $50!) This could make a big difference in our lives. Pray hard!
On to biomed...
So, we are three shots into the B-12 and still doing well. Ben still has not seen the needle and still seems oblivious to the fact that he is getting shots every other day. Let's pray that continues!! I was concerned that I was giving the shots too shallow because I can see the fluid under his skin. According to my peeps, that is the way to do them. Putting them just under the skin in fat releases them into the body slower. May be why he hasn't been as hyper and stimmy this time around!?
As I said before, we've seen some yeasty issues, but not as bad as last time. I have actually found a way to give him oil of oregano which kills the bad yeast!! I put a couple drops in a tiny capsule (from his biotin, 1000mcg) and tuck it into a spoon of pear sauce and he swallows it right up. I've had good luck doing that so far...Jeremy, not so much. Ben bit into the capsule the other day when he attempted it. Not pretty! (That stuff is NASTY!!) He was a trouper though and finished his pear sauce and we haven't had a problem since. [Ladies, if you ever have a yeast infection, try the oil of oregano...works fast!]
I've decided to take a break on the probiotics. I just don't think he tolerates them. (Grouchy, bloated, lost eye contact, etc.) So, instead, I'm going to try to split the s. boulardi into two doses and give him one in the AM and one in the PM. Maybe that will help fight the yeast better...yeast fighters are best when spread out throughout the day. If that doesn't work, I'll have to come up with something else. I'd rather not give more than the RDA of the s. boulardi.
Well, that is about all I have to report for now. I have a little man beckoning me upstairs...
Hope you all enjoyed the pictures!! Sorry about the weird posts. The site I use to create the slideshows changed and I couldn't figure out how to get a title on the posts with the slideshows...had to use separate entries.
God Bless!
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment