Our first week of CHIP is over. Because of the holiday, there is no school tomorrow. Todays session was 4 hours and included lunch. Ben and I left at 8 and he was in school until 12:30. Julie had patients to see today.
He started out rough. We got into the waiting room and he pointed out all the colors and then started whining when the door opened to the gym area. He walked in and sat down to take off his sandles and whined but did all he was supposed to do. I went in with him but he wouldn't let anyone touch him so I felt it best for me to leave. I heard him cry for about 2 minutes and then when I looked in, he was running around. I checked in on him periodically and he seemed to do alright. At the end of the day, the therapists both said he had a really good day. He still doesn't do well with transitions but that is to be expected.
Ben is napping now but due to get up soon so I better get my other chores done.
Jer, Julie and Ben



2 comments:
Sounds like Benjamin ended his first week of school on a possitive
note!!!!!!
Having seen the progress in just 3 days, I'm excited to see what next
Thurs. will be like, after being there for 4 full days!!!!!!!
I love you all and continue to pray for you!!!!!
Love,
Mom
Here's hoping next week is even better. Baby steps! Remember that. We can't wait to see his progress. Love you guys.
Pam and Joel and Micah
Post a Comment