Thursday, July 17, 2008

Surgery Over!

Well, it is over! It was a horrible experience. I guess I shouldn't say that. Nothing went wrong, but Ben cried a lot before and after they put him under. And, we had to leave him while he was still awake...had to hand him off to a nurse while he was crying. That was not fun. I was so nervous, I thought I would burst out crying or throw-up. God bless those parents whose children have to have major surgeries...

It was all over pretty quick after they got started. We got at the hospital at 8am, and they didn't even take him into pre-op until around 9. He was a trooper up to that point although I'm certain he must have been hungry and thirsty (nothing to eat or drink since dinner last night.) The surgery started right at 9:30 and we were told they were done around 9:45. We got to go get him at around 10. He was upset and the nurse was trying to calm him. He calmed once we picked him up though. The nurse accidentally gave him apple juice...he is slightly allergic and gets diarrhea from it. She felt really bad, but it was an accident and he isn't anapholacic (sp?) or anything, at least not from apples.

She said he may not want to eat today, but just to make sure he drank fluids. HA! By the time we got half way home he had scarfed down a granola bar and a cup of juice...then he ate his normal breakfast and then some. Two hours later he was ready for lunch!

Anyway, he seemed fine by the time we got home. He was wrestling with Jeremy by the time I got home from the pharmacy. We are keeping him on Motrin for discomfort and he is sleeping now (sleepy from the anesthesia.)

So, lets pray that there are no complications after the fact, and that these things do him some good. I'd hate to think we put him through that for nothing!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Julie and the Boys

2 comments:

Pam said...

We have been praying all day. Please keep us posted! We love you guys!
Pam

Anonymous said...

So thankful this is in the past!
Will continue to pray for our precious little Benjamin!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of hugs to all of you,I know this has been so hard for you!

We love you,
Mom

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design