Hello, everyone!
Ben is doing a lot better these last couple of days. It seems he is getting back to his old self a little. Even before the surgery, he was just not our Ben. He was doing a lot of the repetitive behaviors and was kind of spacey and grouchy. I'm not sure if this was because he wasn't feeling well, his yeast was high, or from the B12. But, it seems to be improving (except the repetitive behaviors...not as much, but still here.) I got some tips from some other moms to help with B12 absorption which may help with the stimmy, repetitive behavior. So, we'll see.
We have not given Motrin for a while and Ben does not seem to be in any pain. The doc said the pain should clear up by today, so I think he is healing well. We still have to do drops in his ears twice per day. That is NOT fun! He does not like it and I think they sting a little. We have to force him to lay on each side for 2-3 minutes after administering the drops. We have to do this until they are gone...luckily that seems to be soon.
I'm not sure if it is a coincidence, but Ben has said a few new words since his surgery. He said "more" and "help" while doing the signs (a few times). He also said "dog" once and "bye bye" (very clear) twice while trying to wave. He's also attempted a few other words and has said a copule really good "mama's" with the m sound. (Usually it comes out "bmabma.")
Well, we need to go get cleaned up. If the weather holds out, we are going to go watch cousin Noah play baseball later this morning!
Love to you all!
Julie
PS - Please continue to pray for Ben's therapist. She had her heart surgery yesterday. I haven't heard an update yet...



No comments:
Post a Comment