Well, we had another rough day today. It started out bad as Ben decided to poopy on the way there. So, we thought it would be a good idea to let Patti (OT) change him while we were there...he has to get used to these gals sometime. Well, he did not like that and from that point on he screamed on and off for the whole two and a half hours.
The good news is that they were able to calm him throughout. He would just start crying again with each transition to new things. But, they are so sweet with him. They cuddle him and rock him and do what they can to make it easier for him. Michelle (Speech Therapist) said he would kind of look around to see if anyone was watching him cry! Little stinker.
I did see that he really liked to play bubbles with Michelle, and he climbed on the tower once. So, it will take time, but I believe he will adjust! PRAY PLEASE!!!
Thank God Jeremy was able to get today off, so we were both there! I left for a bit to go grocery shopping (we are so close to Walmart there). So poor Jer had to hang in the waiting room for an hour and a half. Luckily one of the other moms were there to keep him company (thanks Tammy!)
So, now we have a very tired little boy that we have to keep up until this evening. Otherwise, he won't go to bed early and tomorrow will not be fun!
Well, I'm going to go chill for a bit while the boys are at the store. Just wanted to give an update.
Love,
Julie



2 comments:
It's a big step for Ben to let someone that he does not really know, cuddle and rock him!!!!!!!!
Progress is being made. As he becomes more comfortable with them, he'll adjust to the new surroundings as well.
I'm so thankful that Jeremy was able to be there to add support!!
I love you all so much and continue to pray for you!!!!!!
Love,
Mom
Thanks, Mom. I needed to hear that!
Love,
Julie
Post a Comment