Monday, July 7, 2008

First Full Day!! and Jer's BDAY!

Hey, everyone!

Well, today was Ben's first full 6 hour day at "school." His aide said he did great! She said he gets more at home each day. He cried when I dropped him off, but only for about 1 minute. When I picked him up, he looked tired, but happy. Now he's got his second wind and is wild child!

I stayed in the waiting room for over an hour this morning when I dropped him off. I talked to some of the other parents which was really nice. It's interesting and so good to talk to people going through so many of the same things we are! I then ran some errands and saw a couple patients. While I missed Ben terribly, it was kind of nice to have the freedom for a few hours! :o) I even got to have lunch with my sis. :o)

I got back to the school about 45 minutes before pick up. When I arrived, I saw Michelle (Speech Therapist) wave Ben over to a swing and he came and sat on it with her and she rocked him. I thought he may fall asleep! I realized at that moment how much progress he's made in the last year. He would have never done that even a few months ago...not with someone he hardly new, least of all a therapist. And, he really wasn't that fond of swinging before (weird sensory thing), but he seems to be tolerating it, even liking it more now!

He made a craft today, but that's about all I know about his day! I think after the kids settle, they will start sending notes home. He didn't eat much while there today, even stuff he loves. That bothers me a little, but he did have a big breakfast and he drank his juice and ate his snack, so maybe he just wasn't hungy at lunch time.

Well, that is about all I have to report today! We have to go prep for our birthday meal!

Hope you are all well!

Love,
Julie and the Boys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD,Benjamin had a good first full day!!!!!!
One step at a time, progress continues to be made. Soon we will look back and see how far he really has come!
Glad you were able to have lunch with your sister, you need times like that!!!!!!

Love to all,
Mom

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design