Thursday, July 24, 2008

End of the week!

Hello, everyone!!!

It's the end of the week! YEAH!! It's been a long but good one! (Today is our Friday because we are all off tomorrow!) That is one really nice thing about Ben being in school. While I do miss him during the day, it is nice that I get to see patients on days Jer works. We actually get days off together as a family now!! :o)

Ben did great all week. He doesn't hesitate at all when we get there in the morning. In fact, this morning he let out a cute little belly laugh when we pulled into the parking lot! Then, he ran right in!

I've talked quite a bit with the ABA lady this week (Heidi). She said Ben is moving pretty quickly through his learning programs and with his PECS cards (picture cards.) We have a few more words emerging too. (Yesterday he gave me a great "help" while attempting the sign.)

Ben's "boom boom" issues have greatly improved. I haven't given him another B12 shot...he was due for one yesterday. Dr. Linsk and another mom told me that folic acid, glutithione, and l-carnatine will help his body absorb the B12. I have them ordered. I think once we get those I'll ease him onto them before trying the B12 again. Maybe that will help with the mouthing, stimming, and boom boom problems. :o)

We got the labs back that we sent the week before his surgery. His yeast was a little high, but the "bad bacteria" in his gut was VERY high. I'm sure it is even worse after the surgery. So, we need to increase the yeast/bacteria protocol and get that under control as well before restarting the B12. (B12 agravates the yeast/bateria balance in the gut which worsens the boom boom issues.)

Well, enough about boom boom. I'm going to go relax and read my paper while Ben naps so I'll be refreshed to play when he wakes up. I miss him so much during the day!!

Love to you all!
Julie

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i love that you call it boom boom - makes it sound almost cute! :-) enjoy your family weekend together! love you!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design