Well, according to Patti, the OT, Ben had a "phenomenal" day! Jeremy said, "he's warming up, huh?" and she said he is "on fire!" :o) Yeah! Good to hear!! She also said that Ben is the only kid that seems to pick up more energy as the day goes on. The others wear out. I never would have guessed that about Ben, but he was crazy hyper last night when he got home. Then, he was ready to crash at about 7! He gets that from cousin Noah...that kid will do laps around the house to keep himself awake!
Ben also ate much better today. He even took a few bites of watermelon which is new for him!
I think this program is going to be so good for Ben in so many ways. I think he is going to learn to be more independent (we already notice he wants to walk more rather than be carried.) I also think he will learn to cope with things being done differently...break out of some of his routines that we sometimes find ourselves encouraging. It has been very hard, but we have given very little special instruction to them. We want them to do things in different ways with him. (Other than the baby powder thing...we thought it important for them to know that he may freak if no baby powder with a diaper change...) :o) But, they haven't reported any major meltdowns yet. He seems to roll with the punches pretty much...and if he does have a hard time, they help him cope with it in a healthy way. So, we hope he will learn that it isn't the end of the world if a routine is changed.
They did say that his transitions into the "small rooms" are still a little rough, but he recovers quickly and does what he needs to. So, that is good!!
Jeremy took Ben and picked him up today. I saw a patient and watched Noah while the guys went golfing during the day. It was nice to spend some time with Noah, but I still missed Ben!
Well, in the words of my dear brother-in-law, "that's all I got for now."
Hope you are all well! Thank you for your continued support and prayer!
Love,
Julie and the Boys



3 comments:
Praise the Lord! I'm excited to read all the new things that are happening with Ben. And by the way - the sommersault video is absolutely adorable.
This is exciting and only his second full day!
Nothing comes into our lives by accident( we may not always understand why ) but, hearing about this school has already benefited our precious little Benjamin!!!!!!
Love and prayers,
Mom
Hey Julie,
Lovin' the progress already. Can you imagine where God will take Ben by the end of this program? We are so excited to read your updates everyday. Go Ben!!
Post a Comment