Hey, all!
We've made it through 5 nights with no binky! Until last night, we had been trying to tweak the typical bedtime routine to distract him (dressing him downstairs, etc.) Last night, we went back to the routine. As predicted, when we said "time to go get ready for bed", he went for his blanket and then pulled me to the cabinet where we used to keep the binkies. I opened it and showed him they were "all gone" and he pouted a bit, but did ok. One interesting thing is that he then pushed Jeremy away and wanted me to get him ready for bed. He almost NEVER wants Mommy while Daddy is around...
We've been getting reports from school that Ben is using more words with prompting. We hope this keeps up! We've also been told that he is initiating activities with peers and that he is willingly playing on the swings (which he used to be very afraid of.)
Yesterday, I didn't have patients until 10, so I sat and talked to another mom for quite a while. Around 9:30, the door to the clinic opened and imagine my surprise when out walked Ben, his friend and the paraprofessional to grab their snacks out of the bin in the waiting room! I thought Ben would freak and want to stay with me. Instead, he was excited to see me, but grabbed his snack and went back to the Red Room with the others...all the while looking over his shoulder at me and smiling! BIG PROGRESS from the days when he used to cling to us throughout his entire therapy sessions!!
Tomorrow I plan to spend the entire day at CHIP. I don't have patients, so I want to stick around and see what my little man does all day! I think that he is at the point now that he can handle me being there without being too distracted...we'll see!
Well, I'm going to go flip through the paper before little man wakes.
God Bless!
Julie



2 comments:
Maybe Benjamin thinks Daddy is responsible for the missing binky?
So good to hear the great progress
he is making :)
Enjoy your day at Chip!
Love and Prayers
Leave it to Jer to steal the poor kid' binky. ;) LOL!
Glad to hear Ben is doing so well! I can't wait to hear about your entire day at CHIP!
Post a Comment