Monday, December 8, 2008

Bye, Bye Binky!

Hello, all!

We are on day 3 of NO BINKY!!! I finally decided it was time for it to go...way overdue, I'm almost embarrassed. But, it seemed like something would always come up when I wanted to try getting rid of it. Well, it was just Ben and I this weekend and we had nothing pressing to do, so we went for it. It hasn't been too bad so far. He only used it at night, so falling asleep is a little more difficult without it. He gets a little whiny and fidgety, but it gets better each day. The worst has been when he woke up Saturday night around midnight. He had closed the vent in his room during the day and I hadn't noticed. So, it was pretty chilly in his room. I think that is what woke him, but then he wanted the binky. It took me a few minutes to calm him down, then he just laid on my lap and we watched SNL until he fell asleep about an hour later. Could have been worse, I suppose!

Other than that, Ben and I had a pretty quiet weekend for the most part. We did a little shopping Friday. We stayed home and out of the weather all day Saturday, but had a lot of fun playing together! I went shopping yesterday for a bit with my mom and sis while Steph watched the boys. When we got home, Ben was snuggled up in Aunt Jen's bed sound asleep...at 4pm! He was pretty tired from the night before and Steph said he just went out! Needless to say, he didn't want to go to bed last night. I believe it was around 9pm when he finally crashed, but he slept in to 7am, so not so bad.

Ben is really enjoying the Christmas decorations around the house and loves the snow!! He keeps making me open the back door so he can grab a handful of snow...then he wipes it on me and laughs and laughs! :o) Lucky he is so cute. :o)

Well, I must get the little monkey ready for school. Hope you are all well!!

Love,
Julie

3 comments:

Pam said...

Cute! Micah loves the snow too. We got a little bit of snow the other day.
Yay on the binky thing. Julie, cut yourself some slack girl! With everything else going on with him....no biggie on the binky! ;) HUGS!

Jer, Julie & Ben said...

Thanks, Pam! I always appreciate your support. Give little Micah a hug from Aunt Bulie. :o)

Rachel said...

Ha! I love that Ben wipes the snow on you. He truly is Jeremy's child. :)

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design