Hello, all!!
Darn cotton wood! When will it stop? It looks like it snowed in our yard!! Poor Ben, his little nose if running like a faucet and he keeps doing this weird coughing sound. I think his throat is itching because he's tried a few times to put his fingers down his throat to scratch it! Poor kid!
Despite the horrible allergies, the little guy has been SO MUCH better the last two days. He is not nearly as irritable as he's been the last few weeks. We've done three things that may account for the change:
1. Saw Dr. Steppe yesterday and she had a great session with him. He sat on her lap for 15 minutes or so and let her mess with his melon! He even ran around the room with her and played chase and looked for her when she hid behind Jeremy. It was so sweet. He also waved "hi" and "bye" to her with a little prompting.
2. We've stopped his music for a couple of weeks. I don't think the new music was causing the irritability, but I don't think it was helping and may have even been contributing. So, we will take a couple weeks off and try another.
3. I've upped the yeast protocol again. We kind of slacked on it for a while because I thought it was under control. So, I'm alternating GSE/OLE and OoO in the afternoons. Just a couple drops. Seems to be helping as his bottom is not as red.
Not sure if any, all, or none of the above is helping, just enjoying the change! :o)
We went to a festival at Noah's school yesterday. That was a lot of fun and Ben rode the train! That was exciting and fun because he will usually not ride anything new like that. He really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun climbing around the jungle gym as well. The only damper on the evening was...you guessed it...the COTTON WOOD! I swear I still feel it in my nose and on my face!!
Well, that's about it for now. I'm beat, as always! While Ben has been less irritable the last few days, he has been up way earlier (6am!) I don't get it. All week I had to drag him out of bed for school. The weekend comes and he is up before dawn???? That's life I suppose!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment