Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to School

Hello, all.

Ben went back to school today after being off for a week for his hip (plus the holiday). He doesn't seem to be walking with a limp anymore, but it is sometimes hard to tell because he is so clumsy (dyspraxia!) Anyway, it doesn't seem to be bothering him, so I'm hoping we are in the clear on that. He did take quite a fall at school today though. They said he was rocking his chair at the lunch table and fell backward and hit his head. I don't think he hit it very hard as there is no bump. They said he just cried for a minute and seemed more scared than hurt, so I think that is ok too...

I took him in a little late today (about 15 minutes). He decided to sleep in and I let him!! We had a busy weekend, so I thought he may need a little extra sleep even though he got to bed at a decent time last night. When he finally did wake (close to 8) he was in a great mood, so I think I made the right call.

Hmmm...the "busy weekend" was actually almost a full "busy week"! We were at my sister's until late Thursday and Friday. Saturday we ran errands and had lunch with Grandma Nancy and played outside quite a bit. Sunday, we played outside much of the day and then had Nana and Papaw for dinner, which Ben really enjoyed. Yesterday we had an early dinner and went to a Mudhens Game with my family. Ben LOVED that!! He was SO GOOD there. I was so proud of him. He sat very well watching the game and all the sights. We took a couple walks around to the gift shop, potty (kept his pullup dry!), etc. and he walked the entire time holding a hand. Along the way he got to meet Muddy and give him a high five (he was very excited.) :o) Anyway, we made it to the top of the 8th, then decided to leave only because it was a school night. I think he would have made it through the entire game otherwise.

One last thing to note. Ben continues to be kind of "stimmy" and irritable (oh the whining!) Yet, he is definitely more engaged and interactive. He also seems to be really frustrated that he can't talk now. He tries but just gets a bunch of nonsense syllables out. Poor kid. I'm hoping the bad things are just temporary side effects from the B12, and mean that nerve regeneration is happening. I'm also praying they pass sooner than later and that the good continues!

Well, that is about it for now. I'm going to go enjoy some me time. :o) See above for pictures from this weekend.

Love to you all!
Julie

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design