Monday, November 3, 2008

Time Change and Irish Hills Video

Hello, all.

I'm not sure if anyone else will think the attached video is funny, but Ben and I laughed and laughed while watching Irish Hills clips today so I wanted to post one. This one is of Noah and Jeremy rolling down the big hill, then Ben running after them. After this run, Ben realized he couldn't stop on his own, so he'd only run down with someone holding his hand. :o) It was really funny, but maybe you had to be there. (My family will appreciate it anyway.)

Well, Ben got up at 4:30 am this morning thanks to the time change! (5:30 would have been bad enough.) I made him stay in bed for an hour until Daddy got up then brought him to lay in our bed. (That sounds mean, but he wasn't crying or upset.) He almost fell asleep on the way to school, so I told Patty to call me if he wasn't going to make it. Luckily I only had 2 patient today, because she called me around 12:30 and said he was asleep. She said he woke up and wasn't grouchy, but was still pretty sleepy so I just went and got him. He stayed awake the rest of the day, but was very sleepy.

I decided to try the chamber with Ben again today and I was able to do it! YEAH!! It will be so much easier now that I can do it. (Thank you Keekee for all your help!) Ben enjoys the treatments, but literally bounces off the walls in there (and after.) I emailed Dr. Linsk and he said the hyper craziness could last a while and that positive effects are usually seen after 30+ treatments. The one I did today was #20.

Ben's doing really well with the listening therapy. He wasn't that thrilled doing it at home over the weekend, but he enjoyed it this afternoon after school. The music sounds so weird to me, but he likes it. He even notices something is wrong when the disk skips or stops and will bring it to an adult to fix. So, I think we are going to invest the $200+ to buy the equipment.

We had a scare today. Ben and I were watching Irish Hills videos and he was jumping around on the desk chair and fell off the side. I grabbed for him but was only able to slow him down a bit. He landed right on the back of his head and shoulders. Scared the heck out of both of us. After he calmed down, he seemed fine. (I did a pupil check.) :o) Thank God he didn't really hurt himself.

Well, I am exhausted after getting up early with the little Turkey two days in a row. I think I'll go take a bath and watch some TV with my eyes closed.

Hope all is well!

Love,

Julie

2 comments:

John and Alexis said...

Julie-I thought the video was cute. That is what life is supposed to be about. The times that make your heart soar. (Soar like a bird not sore like a bruise! HA!)
Glad to hear that Ben didn't get hurt when he took his little tumble. I know how heart wrenching that can be. (Not that it has ever happened on my watch!!HA!)
John fell asleep tonight at the dinner table. I have heard parents talk about their kids falling asleep like that but I have never actually seen it. It was wierd. He even was chewing. Crazy! So he ended up taking a 35 minute power nap. We'll see how bedtime goes tonight.See you tomorrow.
Tammy

Jer, Julie & Ben said...

Tammy,
I have experienced that! Not with Ben, but with my nephew, Noah. I have a picture on my cell phone of him falling asleep eating his McDonalds. Remind me to show it to you!
Maybe with the time change, it was just too much for your little guy!
Julie

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design