Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cancelled Birthday :o(

Hello, all.

Well, we had to cancel Ben's birthday party. :o( Jeremy is very sick and so is Papaw. So, we decided it best not to have the party today. Hopefully, we can find a day to reschedule. It may be a few weeks after his real birthday, but I don't think he'll mind. :o)

My mom, sister and I went to Chicago on a charter bus for a shopping trip yesterday. I felt so bad leaving Jeremy, but he refused my offer to stay home and give my ticket to Steph. He's a trooper! I had never been to Chicago, so it was fun and exciting even if I was a little worried about leaving my boys. As many of you know, I'm not much of a sport shopper but I had a good time with my mom and sister. It's pretty cool when you can be friends with your family. :o)

Halloween was a lot of fun! (Jeremy didn't get sick until later that night.) Ben was a firefighter and was SO CUTE. He left his hat on the whole time, even after it fell off his head and broke the bill off. :o) I have lots of pictures, but I still can't figure out why they can't be download directly from the camera. So, we have to wait until the disk is full to finalize and download...hence the late posting of pictures lately.

Anyway, we didn't do trick-or-treating with Ben. He was more interested in seeing the other kids, so he helped hand out candy (and ate his fair share!). He squealed with delight at the arrival of each visitor. And, the scarier the mask, the more excited he got! After a while he started trying to follow the kids, so Jeremy took him for a walk around the neighborhood and he really enjoyed that. The only problem is that he has this new habit of smacking women in the booty...a little funny, but not really appropriate. :o) He also grabbed onto a few of the kids that came to the door and tried to kiss them. Sweet, but freaked one of them out. (That's a switch, Ben freaking out another kid with too much affection...) There was one older kid that appeared to me to have Cerebral Palsy. He was with his father and very excited. Ben LOVED him and grabbed onto his leg and gave lots of hugs and kisses (almost knocked the kid over!) I apologized, but the dad said that the kid was loving it. :o)

Ben was so exhausted after the festivities that he chose to skip our bedtime routine and fell asleep flat on his back on the floor in his room with Mommy by his side. (He made sure I stayed near him by putting his hand on my cheek...awwww...)

Well, I better go get some breakfast together for the boy. I hope you are all well and avoid this yucky sickness going around!

God Bless!

Julie

PS - Don't forget to vote Tuesday! (Or, do the early/absentee thing like we did!)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh poor sick boys!! Hope Jer feels better soon. Your story about Ben & trick or treat is too cute! Micah has rubbed off on him, jumping all over everyone, smoothering the unexpected with kisses, oblivious to their shrieks of terror. Yep, good times, right?? ;o) Seriously, I'm glad Ben is enjoying other kids more now. Glad he had a good time. I was debating about trick or treating with Micah, then I was mistaken about which night it was...so I guess the choice was taken from me. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that Jeremy is still sick and hope this passes very soon!!!!!
So glad that Benjamin enjoyed his trick or treat night. What a contrast from last year!!!!
I'm glad that you were able to follow through with your plans with your Mom and sister. Moms
and daughters need those special times together!!!!!!!
Love and prayers,
Mom

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design