Hey, all!
Our visit with the De's went great yesterday, but it was way too fast. Ben did very well with Micah this time around. He wasn't afraid of him! :o) He even interacted with him a bit and they enjoyed chasing each other around. Micah is just as adorable as ever and was ALL ABOUT Ben!! Ben, however, was all about Aunt Pam! He really took to her and would pull her over to where he was so he could perform for her. I think Aunt Pam kind of enjoyed that. :o)
Aunt Rachel looks wonderful and is excited for motherhood. She will be a wonderful mother...just like her mother and Pam are...they are all incredibly warm and caring women/mothers. It runs in the family and I just hope some of it rubs off on me! :o) (Of course I have a family full of them too!)
Speaking of wonderful family...we have obtained ownership of THE BOOMBEE-MOBILE!! Yes, Boombee reluctantly sold us his beloved SUV. It is a 2001 Mazda Tribute. While now is not the best time for us to buy a new vehicle, Boombs gave us a great deal and we decided we better grab it before he sold it to someone else. Both our vehicles are almost 14 years old and it will be a long time before we can afford to take on a car loan! So, hopefully the SUV will buy us some time. It is in great shape and my Dad took very good care of it...loved it almost as much as his dogs. :o) Ben was reluctant at first to get into it, but quickly decided he loves it and is very excited! He didn't want to come into the house when we got home. He just was too excited about the new car.
We are lending our car to Keekee (Stephanie, my neice) until they can find her a new car (hers died last week.) Then, Jeremy will drive the Corolla back and forth to work until it dies to save on gas and put less miles on the truck. We need these cars to last!!
Let's see, what else is going on...Oh, not sure if I posted about the new Cars Movie bed. I had been wanting to get Ben a new bed for a while as I was not very impressed with how his crib turned into a toddler bed. We were going to get him a regular bed, but would have had to buy a new mattress, rails, headboard, bedding, etc. So, this was a little more cost effective and a smaller change for Ben. Turns out we didn't have to be too worried about him handling the change because he absolutely LOVES the bed!! He didn't even hesitate with it. I think he likes that it is easier for him to get in and out of...and of course it has Lightning McQueen on it...KATCHOW! So, what's not to love.
In other news, Michelle (speech therapist) emailed me and told me that Channel 13 News is doing a follow-up story on CHIP. They want to profile a family and our name was thrown in mix...so we'll see what happens there. I'd be a little nervous to be on TV, but it would be good publicity for a great program.
Well, I'm going to go chill for a bit. It's been a busy couple days!!
I will post pictures of the family visit, the new bed, and the new SUV as soon as I can figure out why the computer all of a sudden won't download directly from the camera...a fun project for tomorrow perhaps.
Hope all is well with y'all! God bless!
Love,
Julie and the Boys



3 comments:
Aunt Pam didn't "kind of enjoy" Ben's preference...she was thrilled down to her toes!! ;)
We enjoyed your visit so much!!!!!
You don't have to wait for the warm, caring woman/mother to rub off on you, you already HAVE it!!
So excited about your SUV!!!
Isn't God good? :-)
Love to all,
Mom
Sure is, Mom. :o)
Post a Comment