Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Regression from New OTC Lotion??

Hello, all.

Seems we are going through a regression from the new lotion! URGH!!! Ben's been sick (runny nose), whiny, not listening as well, a little zoned out, not sleeping as well, etc.

I went on the yahoo parent group for Dr. S's patients and found that many other kids are going through the same thing. A few who started the lotion first said that it lasted a week or two then the kids got even better. I'm praying this will be the case with Ben. I'm just nervous because he was doing SO WELL before we made the change. Sigh...

My theory is that it has to do with the GSE (grapefruit seed extract) that is in the new lotion. It is a natural but very powerful antiviral, antibiotic, and antifungal. So, we may be experiencing a "die off" effect from killing off the bad stuff. It is also high in phenols and Ben is phenol sensitive.

So, we will see. I'll give it a week or two and see if there is improvement. If not, I'll call Dr. S and see if we should change back to the compounded formula.

Please pray for us at this time!!!

Have to go tend to my whiny boy.

Love,
Julie

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design