Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY ST. VALENTINE'S DAY!

Hello all! Happy St. V's day!

We are spending a quiet day at home. Jeremy didn't sleep well at work last night so he is taking a nap. Ben is not feeling well so he is laying on the couch watching a movie...so I am bored and doing laundry! Jer and I plan to get take-out and rent a movie after Ben goes to bed...we'll see how that goes! I didn't sleep well either so I may have to watch the movie with my eyes closed!

Ben has a very running nose today and was coughing and sneezing all night again. He has been more stuffy than usual lately, but today is really bad. So, I'm not sure if he is getting a cold or if he is still suffering the after effect of being at Aunt Jen's yesterday.

I'm wondering if the Zyrtec isn't working for him anymore. It used to be that we could load him up on it and take him to my parents' or my sister's house and he would just get a little stuffy. Now, he gets pretty bad...even though they lock up the animals and vacuum really good before we come. Anyone ever hear of an allergy medicine becoming less effective as time goes on? He is due to see the allergist soon, so we'll see. Maybe he'll switch him to another med.

Speaking of allergies, I start my weekly shots on Wednesday! FUN! Actually, I don't think it'll be so bad. I'm not squeamish about shots. I just hope they work. The diet is going ok. I've had a lot of gastrointestinal upset and some "spells" that feel like low blood sugar. I'm thinking my body just has to get used to the diet.

In happier news, Ben said "Rosa" yesterday! Rosa is Noah's friend from school. I pick her up with Noah and she stays with us for a little bit after school. I told Ben yesterday that we were going to pick Noah and Rosa up from school and he smiled and said "Rosa" very clearly! He did it several times. He really likes Rosa...and is always excited to see her. He was disappointed that she did not end up coming home with us yesterday (her mom was home and picked her up at school.)

I spent a little time on Facebook today. I have to say I'm not very impressed with it (sorry Tammy!) I find it too busy and kind of difficult to navigate. Maybe I just need to get used to it...or maybe there are adjustments I can make to make it more user friendly...or maybe I'm just old...who knows. :o) I haven't given up on it yet. I posted a few photos, really just to see how it worked...most have already been posted on this site. I did post unedited pics from the CHIP party in case anyone wants to download them.

Jeremy's parents are coming for a visit Monday which will be nice! Jeremy was hoping to go visit them next weekend while I'm at the biomed conference in Novi, but they may go see Jer's brother and his fam in Kentucky that weekend. There is a chance the KY clan will all come up here for a visit the following weekend...which is what I'm hoping for!!!

Well, that's all I've got for now! I hope you are all enjoying your day!

Love,
Julie

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm not sure if I'm going to get to come or not....I'm starting training for my new job on Monday. My training will be 2:30-6:30, so we couldn't leave until then. :( I will keep you updated on if me & M are still coming.

Unknown said...

HI Julie-
I keep up with your posts every now and then, I saw that you were wondering about Zyrtec, I use to be on it until it went over the counter. The stuff isn't as strong as it use to be.. Well at least I thought anyways. SO my doctor switched me over to Singular and its alot better.. I thought I would share this with you. Hope this helps.. Miss YOU GUYS!

Jer, Julie & Ben said...

Thanks Shauna! Glad to see you follow the blog a bit!

Hope you come, Pam!!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design