Hello!
I had the strangest ride home from CHIP today. I almost hit 3 different squirrels in three separate incidents. What is up with that? Maybe they are deleriously happy with this "warm" weather and sunshine...
I guess I wrecked my posting streak! We had a busy weekend. Friday night, Ben and I went to Aunt Jenny's to play with her, Noah and Keekee. Jen and I ended up running "really quick" to Walmart and the boys stayed with Keekee. Ben was crazy hyper, but really enjoyed himself with Keekee. We got home pretty late that night and Ben was extremely tired by the time I started getting him ready for bed. He had a big meltdown...not fun. :o(
Saturday night we went to Amick's house for a party for all the CHIP families. It was VERY enjoyable and the kids did VERY, VERY WELL together! We had no major issues at all. Brooke and Lars did a wonderful job of providing activities for the children and did all they could to make the experience fun for all. Ben didn't interact a lot with the other kids, but did pretty well. He got very tired and stimmy toward the end of the evening though. And, unfortunately, we had another meltdown getting him ready for bed that night. He was just so over-tired and just cried at every little thing. :o( Poor kid.
Sunday we went to Boombee and Gma Nancy's house for the Super Bowl and to celebrate Aunt Jen's birthday. It was enjoyable, and Ben was pretty interactive with everyone. He was so very happy to see Noah and gave him unsolicited hugs and kisses several times throughout the evening. I learned my lesson from the previous two nights, so Ben and I left early and he was bathed and in bed by 7:30 with no meltdown. :o)
I'm not sure if it is because he needed to catch up on his sleep, but Ben has slept much better the last couple of nights...almost 12 hours each night. I hope it lasts! I sure prefer getting up at 7 as opposed to 5:45!
There is a biomedical conference in Novi, MI at the end of the month. I am thinking of attending with another CHIP mom. Should be interesting. As I previously mentioned, I've started reading Dr. Bock's book. The case study about a boy named Kyle in the first few chapters reminds me a lot of Ben. One thing that especially caught my interest is that the little boy would look at things from the side and did a lot of visual stimming...like Ben has been doing. From what I've read so far, this was due to a vitamin A deficiency. Interesting...Dr. Linsk at one time recommended we change fish oil supplements as ours has no vitamin A. So, that is something I'll be looking into.
In Dr. Links' latest email newletter, he talked about the importance of vitamin D. He said that he is suggesting increased doses for many of his patients. I think I posted that Dr. Steppe made this same suggestion to us last week. So, we will be looking into that as well. I can say that since I increased my own daily amount of vitamin D (at Dr. Linsk's suggestion), I have not been sick at all...knock on wood!!!!
Well, I'm not working today, but have lots to accomplish before picking Benny up. So, I guess I better get to it!
God bless!
Love,
Julie
PS - I'll post pics from the CHIP party as soon as I get a chance.



No comments:
Post a Comment