We've had a couple really off days with Ben. (Irritable, more anxiety, etc.) Urgh. Always especially frustrating when he has been doing so well. Still, nothing we can't handle....as long as it's temporary! :o)
So, I decided to stop the Mito Restore after only a couple days. I honestly have a hard time believing that could have been the cause of trouble because I game him such a small amount. But, it was the only recent change and I have to be sure. It could be that he is allergic or sensitive enough to one of the ingredients that he just doesn't tolerate it.
Two other possible causes I'm considering: one of the new foods he's tried, or a delayed reaction to the change in probiotics.
It could also be that he just plain had a couple of off days like anyone else! He did seem to have a few physical symptoms too though (rubbing eyes, increase in stimming, constipation, sleep disturbances, etc.), so it leads me to believe something didn't agree with him.
So, I've stopped the MR and will not give him s. boulardii today (it has caused constipation in the past at a higher dose.) We'll see what happens. He was up much of the night last night laughing hysterically in his bed. This usually is tied to yeast or phenol issues, but I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be occurring now. Anyway, I'm letting him sleep in and taking him to school late (if at all) today.
Pray this passes quick! Poor kid is really out of sorts.
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment