Quick update:
I talked to Dr. Stewart's office. They said Ben's strep test came back negative. Since we've already ruled everything else out, they recommend that I put him back on the antiviral meds. They said his immune system was probably just not ready to stand on its own yet. After he is back on them, I'm going to introduce "Neuro Immune Infection Control." It's a new supplement that has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal, ingredients. I have heard great things about it from the other parents, and I actually already have a bottle on hand. We thought about just trying that first instead of the meds, but I don't think now is a good time to try something new. I'd rather start with the meds we know work for him, then add in the new supplement (he can be on both at the same time.) Eventually, we'll take him back off the antivirals and hope that the supplement will help support his immune function and that he can stay off the meds for good.
My hope is that I'll be able to take him off the antivirals before going to see Dr. Stewart in April. That way when they give Ben the Sensory View test, we will know if the NIIC supplement is enough on its own to keep the inflammation away. (Maybe this was the "ultimate reason" for having to cancel the appointment in Dallas?!)
So, that's where we stand now. I pray we can get him back on track with this change!
If you want to hear more about this new supplement, here is link to a youtube video of Dr. Stewart talking about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujyd-LAM6fU&feature=player_embedded
Time to go make dinner! Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support!
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment