Just a quick post this am. Ben woke at 6am, thanks to the thunder & lightning...in January???
We got his latest set of labs back. His gut bacteria is VERY HIGH. Maybe the highest I've seen it yet. Urgh!!!! The type of bacteria is clostrida difficile, if anyone is interested enough to google it. The lab, and many "mainstream" med sites I visited, suggested to treat with s. boulardii, which he is already on. However, he is on a very small dose, so we will double it for now (it's just a probiotic, not a drug and Dr. L. already suggested I increase the dose at our last visit. I was just waiting for the labs.) Then, when Dr. L. returns from vacation, we will discuss other treatment options. He may want him on a course of antibiotic to help clear it up.
Ben's yeast was also a little high, but not too bad. I suspect that sometimes when we think he is yeasty, his bacteria is actually high. I also wonder if his intolerance for probiotics is really just severe, long lasting die-off from his gut being in such bad shape...
Anyway, this whole bacteria thing has been an ongoing struggle. And, I wonder if it has anything to do with his recurrent sinus infections. He gets them anytime he is sick and sometimes just when he is exposed to an allergen. Poor kid, so many issues.
He is finally over his latest sinus infection. He also got some sort of eye infection this time (and last time) he was sick. One dose of oil of oregano cleared it up this time around though. Love that stuff.
To end on a happy note, Ben continues to be very interactive and fun!! He is doing a lot more non-verbal imitation, especially of daddy. :o) We all enjoyed a lazy Saturday at home yesterday. Such a rare treat for us!
Well, the little guy wants help putting his train set together. I hope everyone is well!
Love,
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment