
Hello, all.
Well, time to de-Christmas the blog I suppose. :o( You'll see I went with a light snowy blue theme...still not the same, but will have to do. I always get so bummed when the holidays are over. :o(
Ben did great this holiday season. He got a little bored with opening presents, but there was so much to open! We truly are blessed, not just with "stuff", but with loving family and friends. :o)
Some highlights:
Ben did great this holiday season. He got a little bored with opening presents, but there was so much to open! We truly are blessed, not just with "stuff", but with loving family and friends. :o)
Some highlights:
- Boombee recieved an official "Christmas Story" leg lamp from Jenny & Jeff (see link to view pics on my Facebook page).
- Jason and my Mom's made an AMAZING gourmet dinner Christmas Eve night.
- Ben thoroughly enjoyed the zhu zhu pet BOX! He does like the little hamsters too though. In general, he did really well with presents. He liked opening them, and was curious about what was inside...a great step for him!
- Ben was affectionate, happy and enjoyed all the festivities...very few over-stim type issues. (Doing therapeutic listening during some of the present opening really seemed to help.)
- Jeremy was home for the full holiday and several days after so we got to spend more time with both sides of the family. And, almost everyone made it to Elyria for the DeArmon Family Christmas (missed Josh and his fam though.) All of it was just so enjoyable...lots of laughs and good times.
- Ben ate so good at Nana's (only problem is that he now thinks he should have 6 meals per day all the time!)
- Ben tolerated being around Micah so much better than during past visits. Being with kids is still a little harder for him, but he is getting there.
It just really was an enjoyable holiday.
But, now back to reality...
I took a urine and stool sample from Ben this morning. That is never fun, but a lot easier now that he is sort of potty trained. We will send that off on Monday to be tested for yeast/bacteria issues in his gut.
We started his new probiotic this afternoon. So far so good. I gave it to him a couple hours ago, and no issues yet. (He historically does not tolerate probiotics well so I started with a very small dose.)
I have stopped the carnosine for now. I think it was making him crouchy...not sure why. I had heard that some kids get aggressive on it. Ben didn't really get "aggressive" but maybe a little irritable. I will research and see if maybe he needs more magnesium or something with it. For now, we want to get back on track with Dr. Linsk's recommendations. So, we will do the new probiotic for a week or so, then add in the new topical vitamins.
Ironically, the carnosine is supposed to help with language. BUT, since I stopped it, he has been way more vocal. (As I type, he is in the playroom making all kinds of new sounds.)
Well, I need to go de-Christmas my house now. :o( I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday as much as we did!
May you all have a blessed New Year!
Love,
Julie
PS - (A little quote I came across the other day: Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye, when this New Year in time shall end. Let it be said that I've played the friend, have lived and loved and labored here, and made it a happy year. -Edgar Guest)
Make the most of this new year! Live, love, laugh, and be kind!
But, now back to reality...
I took a urine and stool sample from Ben this morning. That is never fun, but a lot easier now that he is sort of potty trained. We will send that off on Monday to be tested for yeast/bacteria issues in his gut.
We started his new probiotic this afternoon. So far so good. I gave it to him a couple hours ago, and no issues yet. (He historically does not tolerate probiotics well so I started with a very small dose.)
I have stopped the carnosine for now. I think it was making him crouchy...not sure why. I had heard that some kids get aggressive on it. Ben didn't really get "aggressive" but maybe a little irritable. I will research and see if maybe he needs more magnesium or something with it. For now, we want to get back on track with Dr. Linsk's recommendations. So, we will do the new probiotic for a week or so, then add in the new topical vitamins.
Ironically, the carnosine is supposed to help with language. BUT, since I stopped it, he has been way more vocal. (As I type, he is in the playroom making all kinds of new sounds.)
Well, I need to go de-Christmas my house now. :o( I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday as much as we did!
May you all have a blessed New Year!
Love,
Julie
PS - (A little quote I came across the other day: Grant that I may bring no tear to any eye, when this New Year in time shall end. Let it be said that I've played the friend, have lived and loved and labored here, and made it a happy year. -Edgar Guest)
Make the most of this new year! Live, love, laugh, and be kind!



1 comment:
Awesome to hear of so many great moments over the holidays Julie!!! Wishing you all the best in the New Year too. I know, it can be rough getting back to reality. But there's so much more to come this year too! Hope the new protocols from Dr. L go well too.
Miss you!
Colleen
Post a Comment