Sunday, September 21, 2008

Golf Outing...a success!

Hello, all.

Just a quick note about the golf outing...it was great! The weather was not as perfect as it was supposed to be, but it wasn't too bad.

Jeremy did a great job pulling it all together today. It was a little hectic in the beginning getting everyone signed in...something we didn't anticipate otherwise we would have asked for help from the many people who offered. But, things calmed down quite a bit once everyone was on the course, and Jeremy was able to relax a bit.

Ben and I went up to the course in the morning and rode around in a cart to take pictures and say hi to the golfers (he LOVED that.) We didn't stay long as he is still not over his cold and it was cool and damp (and I had the poor kid in shorts thinking it would be warm.) We went back later for lunch and the prize giveaway (by that time it was hot and I had him in jeans...poor kid is going to have to learn to dress himself.) Benny did his share and picked names for the prizes. :o) After the outing, we went to Quimby's for a bite as did most of the golfers that came down from the Detroit area.

Everyone said it was a good time and asked to be invited next time around, so we must have done something right! And, we made lots of money for the little man (final count not in yet.) So, I think it is safe to say that it was a big success!

As I mentioned, Ben is still a little under the weather, so we are going to keep him home tomorrow. He just isn't back to his normal happy self yet, so he will stay home and rest another day. Jeremy took the day off, and will hopefully get some rest as well (he was in bed by 7:45 this evening!) Nana and Papaw are coming to town for dinner and Grandparent's Night at CHIP. We are very excited to spend some time with them!

Thank you all for your prayers, help and support!!! We have been so blessed with wonderful friends and family.

Love,
Jer, Julie and Ben

PS - I will post some pictures from the outing when I get a chance to download them.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Soooo glad to hear the outing was a success! Have fun with my parents tomorrow! :)

Pam said...

Can't wait to hear more...& see the pictures. ;) WE prayed all day for you guys. Love you!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design