Monday, March 8, 2010

Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction Results



Hello, everyone! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post about the dinner and auction. It was a crazy weekend, as usual, around here.

Looks like we made about $2500 after expenses at the event! We served about 100 people, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves (and the food!) So, we are very pleased and consider it a big success!!

We didn't get many pictures, but the few we have are at the link below. It'll give those not in attendance an idea of the set up anyway!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2057324&id=1440075624&l=62c75e1594

So, anyway, it was a great day! VERY busy, lots of work, but enjoyable. We had some people show up that I haven't seen in YEARS and YEARS!!! It was so awesome. I thank all who came!

This event was very much a team effort. I'd especially like to take a moment here to thank the following people (in very random order!):

Tammy Eisenreich: She was my go-to girl last week. She came over late one night to bring me stuff for the auction, help me group the items, and just listen to me fret over everything. She brought in many of the items herself. She spent the whole day at the hall with me and was a TREMENDOUS help and support to me all week. Thanks, Tam! You are an amazing friend. (And thank you John!) :o)

My Dad (Boombee): When we arrived at the hall the morning of the auction, we had A LOT of auction stuff to put together (lots of stuff came in at the last minute...not that I'm complaining...it was all great stuff!) Dad, Tammy and I went through everything and made it presentable and pretty. Dad was great at this. He also ran around all morning and just did anything we needed. He too was a TREMENDOUS help!! He also helped bring in many items and people to the event. Thank you Daddy!

Mom De.: When we got to the hall, we literally threw everything in the kitchen and got to work on the auction. By the time Mom De. got there, nothing had been arranged or gone through in the kitchen. I felt so bad. In fact, I hardly stepped foot in the kitchen the whole time of the event. But, Mom De. got everything together with a smile on her face and a hug for me whenever I needed it. She also got a lot of the food and did a lot of prep before the event. Thank you Mom De.!!

Dad De.: He built two awesome corn hole sets, took three days off of work to be there, and kept the event organized and flowing! Not to mention all the stuff he and Mom De. lugged all the way from Elyria! Thanks, Dad De!

My mommy: She did so much in preparation for the event. She printed things at the last minute, got t-shirts for us, brought in lots of people and items for auction, listed to me fret and freak, and worked her booty off the day of the event (after working a full day.) Thank you for everything, Mom!

Jason: He helped me plan the food, made an incredible sauce and helped run the kitchen. The sauce was amazing (especially for the limited items he had to work with.) He made three varieties, and just really knew what he was doing (thank goodness!) Again, without him and Mom De., the dinner part wouldn't have happened. I feel so bad for not helping AT ALL with the dinner portion...but perhaps it was better I stayed out of their way anyway!! :o)

Alyssa: Who I hardly know, but came and worked the kitchen and worked it well!! She also got one of her suppliers to donate sauce. Thanks, Alyssa!!

Our friends at CHIP: Brooke, Fran, Pat, Ruth, Kris, Michelle and many more. All donated items, time and energy to our event and were incredibly supportive to me throughout!

Jen, Jeff & Steph: They were there the entire time helping with Ben and running the event, despite trying to close on two houses (and finishing up school for the semester for Steph.) Jenny also was responsible for the donation of over half the food. BIG THANKS HALLS!! (Oh, and Noah who bought the beanie baby basket!) :o)

Everyone who donated items for the dinner and auction: Too many to mention...but your thoughtfulness and generosity will never be forgotten! Thank you all so much!!!

Al Ray at St. Clement's (and Lenee!): Thank you for donating the hall, pop and being so helpful throughout!

Everyone who came to the event (and many who didn't!): We had people there we didn't know, we had people there we haven't seen in years, and people we see everyday...all there to support Ben. We had people who couldn't come, but sent along donations or words of encouragement with others, again, many of whom we didn't even know. Thank you all SO MUCH!!! (And thank you Tim, Rae & Sarah for fighting the traffic to come all the way from Elyria!)

My hubby: Despite being so super busy with school and work, he painted and finished the corn hole sets, helped a little extra with Ben the week before, and did sole Ben duty the day of the event (and only lost him once that I know of.) :o) He put up with me during all this and did anything he could to help (including throwing spaghetti at me to make me laugh...and see it if was "al dente". ) Thank you honey! :o)

If I'm forgetting anyone right now, please forgive me. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of so many people. And, my head is spinning just from reliving it all in my head. It was a crazy week!

Well, I really need to go tend to Ben. He did great the day of the event by the way! However, he is sick now and needs cuddle time with mommy!

Thank you again, everyone! Much love!!! (I will post an exact number when I know what it is!)

Love,
Julie

2 comments:

The Lesters said...

So glad that everything worked out so well!

John and Alexis said...

Julie, you are too sweet. You were the amazing one and I know you are only going to keep getting better and better at this. Though I have to say, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAD NEVER EVEN BEEN TO A SILENT AUCTION!!!!" You ROCK!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design