Monday, August 31, 2009

Lab Results and Other Stuff

Hello, all!

Well, I was on my way out the door to my patient's house when she called and rescheduled our appointment. So, thought I'd do an update before picking Ben up from school.

We got Ben's lab results back today. The look so much better than last time (or any other time) we had them done! Notable results (if you are interested):
  • His eosinophils (white blood cells) were a little high, but he was just starting to get a cold when we had the blood drawn (could also be caused by allergies.)
  • His blood sugar was just a tad high based on their frame of reference. Not sure if that is a concern, waiting to hear back from Dr. L. on that.
  • His allergy (IgE) to sesame seeds has actually gotten worse.
  • His level of allergy (IgG) to soy came WAY down.
  • He did show as being a little allergic (IgG) to bananas and rice. He eats A LOT of bananas, and sometimes eats rice noodles so we will cut back on them a bit.
  • He is not allergic to flax seed nor to sunflower seed as we feared he may be. And he does not show as being allergic to strawberries at all...which is puzzling because he gets sick every time he eats them (phenol intolerance?)
  • His vitamin D level is good. This is good to know as I haven't been supplementing D regularly lately. Instead, I've been allowing him a little time in the sun w/o sunscreen to get his D the natural way.
  • He did not show any trace of Mercury in his urine. (This could just mean he has it in his body and is not excreting it, so we will test again after starting DMSA.)

So, everything is pretty good...no major concerns at this point. I feel like this backs up what I've heard a lot lately: "he seems so much healthier and happier than he used to!" He sure does. Don't get me wrong, he still gets the colds and viruses that go around school, but that is typical. It's just that he doesn't look sickly and miserable all the time like he used to.

Anyway, the next step is to try the B12 shots again. We got a new batch and plan to start soon. We were going to last weekend, but he had a cold and I'd rather not start him on something new when he isn't feeling well.

In other news, I got to go to Cedar Point yesterday! Woo hoo! It was so much fun! I went with my Mom, my sister (Jenny) and her hubby (Jeff). My sis got us cheap tickets (promotion through Buckeye cable). We had a great time. Jeremy chose not to go (he isn't a big fan of CP). I missed having him there, but was probably able to enjoy myself a little more knowing Ben was with his Daddy having fun!

Well, that's about all I've got for now. I'm going to go flip through the Sunday coupons before I go get the little monkey from school.

Hope everyone is well!

Love,

Julie

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

blog design